CfPs for a Panel entitled Research, practice and teacher professional development in English Medium Instruction, organised within the XVIII AELFE Congress (Spanish Association of Languages for Specific Purposes)
Deadline for abstract submission: March 10
Proposals addressing one or more of the following questions will be considered for inclusion in the panel:
- How do students’ language levels influence what is possible in EMI?
- How does the degree of institutional internationalisation influence or change EMI experiences and practices?
- What factors are needed for sustainable EMI programmes?
- What is the role of the L1 (or other languages) in EMI settings?
- What are students’ and teachers’ attitudes towards EMI, and how do they intersect with institutional attitudes or discourses?
- How has the role of EAP and ESP courses changed, and how can they be adapted to provide more appropriate support for EMI students?
Organisers: Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid/INTER-LICA Project) and Ruth Breeze (Universidad de Navarra)
Inquiries and proposals for papers (300 words) should be directed to Ruth Breeze at: email@example.com