ICLHE is an association whose origins date back to the margins of conferences in the 1990s. Discussions at these conferences led to a series of symposia culminating in a major ICLHE conference in Maastricht (Netherlands) in 2003. This conference was followed by a second one in 2006 which led to the establishment of a loose community for people with an interest in integrating content and language in higher education.
The ICLHE Association is an independent, self-financing association, funded by its members. It is not dependent on subsidies for its existence or on the goodwill of a host university to provide services. This does not preclude the Association from seeking subsidies or grants to initiate and pursue projects in line with the aims of the Association, nor from collaborating with other parties whether subsidized or not. The self-financing nature of the Association means that ICLHE is fully led by its members.
- ICLHE aims to provide a platform for the exchange of opinions, experiences, initiatives and research concerning the interface between content and language in higher education.
- ICLHE aims to take initiatives in order to stimulate the synergy from cooperation among members from different backgrounds and contexts.
- ICLHE provides a website for information about publications, books, conferences and events, initiatives, and governmental measures.
- ICLHE provides an online forum for members to exchange and seek information, calls, news, results of research, and other data of relevance and interest.
- ICLHE organises events and activities in its own right.
The ICLHE Association was formally established by notarial act on 6 December 2016 at Maastricht, Netherlands. The Association is registered at the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) under number 67437540. The members of the Association approved the regulations at the Board Meeting and Association General Meeting on 4 September 2015 at Brussels. The rules of procedure were approved by the General Meeting of the Association in Copenhagen in 5 October 2017. The Articles of Association (statutes) and the Rules of procedure will be posted on the Members’ Zone as soon as this becomes available.
Find out more: